Video Production and Editing Internship/Freelance Project
The Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association is currently searching for two creative, well organized, self-motivated individuals with excellent communication skills to assist with the production of a Pennsylvania newspaper video campaign. Interns/Freelancers will travel to various community newspapers throughout the Commonwealth, interviewing and gathering footage that showcases the dynamic nature of the industry, the technological changes that these properties are leading the way in, and the strength of newspapers’ involvement and commitment to their communities. The end product will be used via live-viewing and also on websites. Estimated project completion date is August 30, 2013. A minimum of 20 hours per week is expected; $10/hour for internship. Would consider freelance proposal as well. Flexible work hours possible.
- Assist in the end-to-end process from storyboarding to logistics to shooting to editing and publishing of the video
- Film video and shoot photographs in studio and field environments
- Contribute to mixing and editing to create polished and engaging videos
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Plan and perform video post-production tasks which include reviewing footage, recommending and making edits, rough cuts, audio/video adjustments and final editing using Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Apple Final Cut Pro software, Adobe After Effects, etc.
- Selected candidates must attend weekly status update meetings to be held in Harrisburg, Pa.
- Applicants should demonstrate experience with all aspects of video production: pre production, shooting, direction, post production (editing using Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut Pro, After Effects)
- Applicants will be responsible for the use and organization of all video equipment to include cameras, lighting, accessories, and props
- Applicants should have knowledge of digital videography and photography cameras and equipment
- Experience with Adobe CS Suite of Products is required
- Demonstrated project management skills and techniques
- Demonstrated experience with integrating video products into multimedia productions and websites
- Experience interviewing and collecting footage in the field.
- Candidates pursuing a degree in journalism, mass communications, video/multimedia production preferred
- Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record and the ability to travel around the Commonwealth. Overnight travel is TBD.
- Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of video examples. A link to any work that you have online is preferred.
- Recommendation from Professor appreciated, but not required
- An understanding of the news industry and journalism is a plus, but not required
Please send materials to email@example.com for consideration.