The PNA Foundation wants to help you protect and preserve the intellectual property rights of your newspaper and online material. A special manual of materials has been prepared by the Pittsburgh law firm Leech, Tishman, Fuscaldo & Lampl and was recently mailed to each member newspaper, compliments of the Foundation. The manual includes a detailed discussion of copyright, including how to protect your content, as well as an Executive Summary and a selection of sample forms. If you haven’t seen a copy of the booklet, be sure to check with your publisher or general manager who received a copy!
In conjunction with this valuable resource, attorneys Charles Kelly and Ryan Hemminger of Leech Tishman are going on the road. Seminars – at no cost to PNA members – will be offered in August and September in central, western and eastern Pennsylvania. They’ll explore and explain the finer points of copyright law.
Attend a seminar in a location convenient to you:
- August 25, 1 to 4 p.m., Butler Eagle
- Aug. 26, 9 a.m. to noon, Observer-Reporter, Washington
- Sept. 1, 9 a.m. to noon, PNA Headquarters, Harrisburg
- Sept. 22, 1 to 4 p.m., The Hilton, Scranton
- Sept. 23, 9 a.m. to noon, The Philadelphia Inquirer