HARRISBURG, Pa., January 26, 2016 – The 2016 America East Media Business and Technology Conference, administered by the Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association and scheduled April 4-6 at the Hershey Lodge, is poised to offer a powerful session lineup for anyone working in the news media industry. Featuring workshops, 20+ sessions, two awards presentations, various networking receptions and a robust trade show floor, America East offers affordable registrations ranging from exhibits only passes to single day badges and full time options.
Session highlights include:
- Keynote presentation - Christian Hendricks, vice president of products, marketing, and innovation at the McClatchy Company, will share the company’s recent story of reinvention as well as speak to the “untold” transformation story of local media from an operator’s perspective.
- The Surprising Business of Podcasts - Podcasts are growing increasingly popular and are creating opportunities to become a rather profitable business. Learn how podcasts can reach targeted audiences, promote expertise and generate revenue.
- Recruiting the Millennial Digital Seller - It is a sellers’ market for hiring good talent. Publishers are vying for talent and millennials are in high demand.
- Creative Revenue Generation - Attendees will have the opportunity to get creative with revenue growth with a theater session featuring GateHouse Media’s Jason Taylor.
- Building a Culture of Innovation in Your News Organization - Jeff Sonderman, of the American Press Institute, will explain how human, cultural, and institutional factors either enable or stifle innovation.
- An Industry in Transformation – Various industry leaders from Lee Enterprises, DFM, GateHouse and Big Fish Works will discuss where their companies are headed and what they see for the future of news media.
- Insert Strategies and Preprint Revenue - Mike Petrak and Wendy Wade, PrismXL, will share their secrets to taking back the preprints market and discuss five strategies proven to ensure you leave nothing on the table.
- An Events Workshop hosted by LMA and led by Amie Stein will teach you how to create and grow a money-making events division.
Attendees can expect a diverse portfolio of vendors on the show floor this year, offering solutions to meet their needs on the production and technology sides of the business. This year’s show floor will also feature an exhibit theater area, which will include general AE breakout sessions and vendor sessions, allowing attendees to learn more about our partners and their areas of expertise and solutions.
So, why should you put the America East conference on your travel schedule? “America East is the “regional” event that packs a punch! We are proud of the industry-leading programming lineup, the collaborations that have been built with various regional and national associations and the partnerships developed with supportive vendors and sponsors. AE should be on the radar for anyone working with news media – we offer day passes, exhibits-only passes and more to encourage as much participation as possible. Stay for the day, or stay for the duration – America East won’t disappoint,” said Tricia Greyshock, VP, Associations Services, PNA.
To learn more about the America East conference schedule and to view the current roster of exhibiting companies, please visit www.america-east.com.
The PNA, founded in 1925, is the nonprofit trade association for print and digital media in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Its mission is to advance the business interests of Pennsylvania news media organizations and to promote a free and independent press. It has more than 300 newspaper and media-related members, including daily, weekly, and college newspapers and online-only publications.
Phone: (717) 703-3071