This position manages distribution of multiple publications and sales through independent carrier networks within a geographic area through home delivery, single copy or other avenues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recruits and trains quality contractors and ensure that verification programs are in place and audit goals for the assigned area.
- Ensures goodwill between company and independent contractors and confirm compliance with contract stipulations.
- Responsible for making personnel related decisions.
- Negotiates and maintains contracts for defined geographical areas.
- Takes appropriate action when contract terms are violated.
- Upholds independent contractor performance standards on customer service and ensuring that all products are delivered on time and in good condition.
- Ensures customer/subscriber service and satisfaction levels are met or exceeded.
- Conducts route audits to verify accuracy of carrier delivery lists.
- Strives to meet monthly circulation goals.
- Uses sales tools (samples, contests, etc.) to increase circulation.
- Responsible for supporting single copy rack sales (and newsstand, when requested), including product positioning/merchandising, placement, inventory control, and outlet growth.
- Ensures customer/subscriber satisfaction with delivery of all products, managing dealer relations.
- Follows-up with hot service complaints.
- Manages performance metrics for defined geographic area.
- Ensures the efficient distribution of products.
- Works with other staff members to improve efficiencies.
- Work experience in Circulation, Distribution or Retail areas.
- Strong management and training experience; supervisory experience preferred.
- Forward thinking, anticipates opportunities and looks for ways to improve the team and its outputs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be outgoing, team-oriented, and able to work collaboratively with others.
- A good motor vehicle report, valid driver’s license, dependable automobile, and liability insurance.
- Flexibility and time management skills are essential to manage multiple and competing priorities and schedules that can change quickly.
- Wishes to work in a business environment in which every employee seeks to be great every day.
Apply here: https://steinmancommunications.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?ID=1677