Tweet any of these facts showcasing the vitality of newspapers in Pennsylvania and beyond using 140 characters or less. Happy tweeting!
Follow us at @PNANews for association, member and industry news.
- 83 percent of Pennsylvania adults read a #newspaper in print or online in the past week.1
- 8 in 10 adults used inserts in the past 30 days to make purchasing decisions.2
- 98.6 million American adults read a #newspaper in print or online every weekday.3
- #Newspapers are rated as more engaging than local television, cable, radio, Twitter/blogs and social media.4
- 81% of newspaper users took action on a #newspaper ad in the past month.2
- The mobile #newspaper audience is growing fast; up 58% in an average month in 2012 compared with 2011. That totals 34 million adults.5
- 67 percent of adults 18 or older have read a print, e-edition or visited a #newspaper website in the past week. 3
- #Newspapers are rated as the source that operates in an ethical manner and has the public’s best interest in mind.4
- 87% of Pennsylvania adults say keeping the public informed through legal advertising is an important requirement for government agencies.1
- #Newspapers are rated as the medium in which advertising makes consumers more likely to purchase.4
- The majority (59%) of young adults ages 18-24 read #newspaper media content in print or online in a typical week.5
- #Newspapers are rated as the most used source to plan weekly shopping or make purchasing decisions.4
1 - AOR Survey conducted between October 2 and October 20, 2012.
2 - “How America Shops and Spends 2013,” Frank N. Magid Associates for NAA
3 - Scarborough Research, USA+ Release 2, 2012
4 - 2013 Nielsen National Cross-Media Engagement Study
5 - NAA: Across Platforms, 7 in 10 Adults Access Content from Newspaper Media Each Week, March 25, 2013