Past Foundation Fellows Grant Recipients
The PNA Foundation is happy to announce its 2020 Foundation Fellows Grants recipients. The selection committee of the PNA Foundation Board of Trustees awarded grants to four PNA members.
- The Centre Daily Times was awarded $1,500 to enhance their Penn State Football podcast, “Airing It Out,” while expanding their audience and driving digital subscriptions.
- The Chestnut Hill Local received $1,500 to help in the creation of a new publication focusing on the Wissahickon area reaching out to an extended audience and appealing to additional advertisers.
- PublicSource earned a $1,500 grant to support reporting for the Open Campus initiative, providing targeted and in-depth coverage of higher education institutions and trends.
- Tioga Publishing received $1,500 to enhance their podcast “What We Hear in the Northern Tier,” improving their online presence and connections with weekly newspapers’ audience.
In December 2019, the PNA Foundation announced its first-ever Foundation Fellows Grants recipients. The selection committee of the PNA Foundation Board of Trustees awarded grants to PNA members PublicSource, Pittsburgh, and Tioga Publishing Company, Wellsboro.
- PublicSource earned a $1,500 grant to support a new POWER MAP project that will provide residents of Allegheny County with a searchable database of taxpayer-funded boards, authorities and commissions.
- Tioga Publishing received $700 to assist in creating a podcast to stay connected with their weekly newspapers’ audiences.