2022 Professional Keystone Media Award Winners
The Keystone Media Awards reinforce excellence by individuals in the news media profession, by recognizing journalism that consistently provides relevance, integrity, and initiative in serving readers and audiences, and faithfully fulfills its First Amendment rights/responsibilities. Further, the Keystone Media Awards stimulate journalists to improve their craft and ultimately improve their community. Learn more about the Professional Keystone Media Awards.
Results of the 2022 Keystone Media Awards are in, and hundreds of journalists are being recognized for their tireless and outstanding efforts. Listings of all winners, including Sweepstakes and special awards recipients, can be viewed below. Earlier this year, more than 2,500 entries were received from 127 Pennsylvania news organizations. Entries – in 53 regular categories and 12 specialty categories across seven circulation and four broadcast divisions – were judged by journalists in Virginia.
Congratulations to the 2022 Professional Keystone Media Awards Winners!
Awards were presented during the Keystone Media Awards Brunch on Wednesday, October 12, 2022, in conjunction with the News Media Business Summit at the Sheraton Hershey Harrisburg Hotel, located at 4650 Lindle Road, Harrisburg, PA 17111.
The PNA Foundation supplied plaques to all winners in attendance at the awards brunch. Certificates for winners not in attendance at the event or whose certificates were not picked up at the event were mailed to the news organization where the award was won the week of Oct. 17.
Shipped plaques will not include certificates (sent separately to news organizations). Take advantage of special discounted pricing by ordering plaques with your co-workers to be shipped to one address. Please allow two weeks from the time of receipt for processing.
- 2022 Sweepstakes & Outstanding News Operation (Broadcast) Winners (View the acceptance videos below):
- DI – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Sweepstakes & NOY)
- DII – The Times-Tribune, Scranton
- DIII – The Tribune Democrat, Johnstown
- DIV – The Sentinel, Carlisle
- DV – TheBurg, Harrisburg
- DVI – Bethlehem Press
- DVII – Pittsburgh Business Times
- TVI – KDKA-TV, Pittsburgh
- TVII – WHTM-TV, Harrisburg
- RadioI – WESA-FM, Pittsburgh
- RadioII – WDIY-FM, Allentown
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – Specialty Categories (Winners not able to attend the awards brunch provided the acceptance videos below)
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – DI – Multi-day publications over 50,000 circulation
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – DII – Multi-day publications 20,000 to 49,999 circulation
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – DIII – Multi-day publications 10,000 to 19,999 circulation
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – DIV – Multi-day publications under 10,000 circulation
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – DV – Weekly general news publications over 6,000 circulation
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – DVI – Weekly general news publications under 6,000 circulation
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – DVII – Niche publications all circulations
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – TV– large and small markets
- 2022 Keystone Media Awards – Radio – large and small markets
Members of the Virginia Press Association judged this year’s entries and expressed how impressed they were with the work being produced at PA news companies. Here are just a few comments:
“The first investigative entry I read was amazing, not an uplifting story but definitely uplifting journalism.”
“What I’ve read so far is high-quality content. Final decisions are tough!”
“This has been a pleasure and I am glad I had the opportunity to see such fine work. That one feature video group is outstanding.”
“Some GREAT entries, especially in the sports feature writing contest.”
“There are really just a slew of worthy entries in this category and I’m having a hard time deciding on 2nd place and honorable mention…”
“These (Reader Initiative entries) were great! So many good ideas here.”
“I’ve judged ads before, but judging videos was new for me and quite interesting. Most content was really top-notch.”
“What a difficult category to judge. Some excellent work.”
“It’s always invigorating to read what another state’s journalists are doing for their communities.”
Questions? Email the PNA Foundation or phone (717) 703-3003.